Nowadays, almost every business has a blog of its own. Starting your own blog doesn’t have to a complicated, annoying and expensive process. If you are interested in starting a blog then read the following guide, which requires only basic skills.
The internet is growing with the minute and there are more people online than ever before. This growth means that if converted properly it can result in many benefits.
Having a professional blog can turn you into an expert in your respective field. Of course, you won’t be recognized on the streets, but having a successful blog leads to many advantages.
Blogging can quickly turn into a full-time job for everyone doing it properly. The owners of some of the most famous blogs earn quite a paycheck every month. Even if it is done as a part-time job, it can still provide you with some great profits. How to Start a blog?
There are four essential steps for creating a blog.
- Choosing a name
- Installing WordPress
- Choosing and customizing your theme
- Writing content daily
Choose Appropriate Platform
The best platform for creating blogs nowadays is WordPress. It’s by far one of the biggest website creation platforms in the world and it offers a variety of plugins and add-ons.
However, there are some alternatives such as Blogger & Tumblr.
Here are a few reasons why you should go with WordPress:
- It’s easy to install and features an user-friendly interface.
- Numerous free & paid themes
- Helpful Online Community
- Fast, Reliable & Functional
Starting A Blog
For the purpose you will need to choose the domain name of the website, which is basically the URL. After that, you will be required to use a hosting, which is the company that puts your website online on the internet. Domain names can cost up to 10-15$ a year, while hosting costs between $5 and $50 a year.
After you have installed WordPress, you have to install a free WordPress theme or pick a premium for websites such as ThemeForest. Themes can be easily changed, so don’t worry if you get bored. A premium theme can cost from $20 to $200 and more. However, you are not required to buy an expensive theme to be good.
The theme picked must be relevant to your to what the blog is about. Make sure that the website is easy to navigate in, because that’s what viewers are interested in.
After everything is set-up, all you have to do is start writing your very first blog posts.
Problems With Free Blogs
- Not Free: The companies, which provide free blogs, exist only to make money out of your content. To do so, they put advertisements on your blog and you don’t have any control on the promoted content, neither you earn any money out of it.
- Upgrades: Everything you wish to customize will cost you a significant amount of money. Eventually, you will pay a lot more than having a paid blog.
- No Profit: Through a free blog you won’t be able to sell neither services nor goods. The existing ads will bring money only to the company, which provides the free blog.
- No Security: Having a free website means that you are prone to cyber attacks from hackers. It doesn’t matter whether your website is big or small, if a hacker chooses it then he might steal it and you won’t be able retrieve anything from it.