The missing member of the Blue Man Group is back with a vengeance. I don’t know about you, but I put Mega Man up there with Mario and Sonic The Hedgehog. The Mega Man games of the past were difficult, had many likable characters, and awesome bosses. When you think of classic platformers, Mega Man is easily at the top of the list. In case you missed the memo, Thursdays are now Classic Mega Man day – well not really, but Nintendo is releasing a Classic Mega Man game on the Wii U Virtual Console every Thursday in August starting July 31st (yesterday).
The Classic Mega Man game list is as follows:
- Mega Man: Battle Network (Out Now) $7.99 – “Enter cyberspace to power up Mega Man in this Game Boy Advance classic with a unique battle system.”
- Mega Man 5 (Aug 7) $4.99 – “Put a stop to Proto Man’s dangerous schemes in an action-platforming game originally released for NES.”
- Mega Man 6 (Aug 14) $4.99 – “Who is the villainous Mr. X? Battle your way through this NES platformer to find out!”
- Mega Man: Battle Chip Challenge (Aug 21) $TBD- “This follow up to Mega Man: Battle Network changes up the formula with innovative, turn-based combat.”
- Mega Man: X3 (Aug 28) $7.99 – “The Maverick Reploids are running wild and causing trouble in this run-and-gun platformer for Super NES. Help Mega Man X and Zero take control of the situation.
I am sure most die-hard fans will love to pick up any of these classic Mega Man titles, I personally will be picking up 5, 6, and X3 when they come out as I love retro games. Although, I will go on record saying that Mega Man 2 is my favorite of all time. That title, you can find on the virtual console already, and this isn’t about me, as much as I would like it to be.