Yesterday, Shadow launched on Indiegogo, the crowdfunding program. Shadow is a personal security device which is Bluetooth connected. It serves as a panic button that works through the Shadow app to provide emergency notifications to your personalized network with the press of a button. Your location is included in the alert notification to these contacts.
Some Shadow Features
- Easy-to-use Shadow App – The free Shadow App allows you to set your preferences and messages for your device.
- Multiple messaging triggers – You can indicate two levels of urgency, a single button press sends out low severity alerts while a press and hold triggers high severity notification.
- Set custom alerts – You and your family can set custom alerts that will alert as many people as you would like through the app.
- Multiple form factors – Wear it on your keychain, as a clip-on, on your wrist; The Shadow has many available accessories to make it easy for your lifestyle.
- Tactile indicator – Has a vibrating motor to provide feedback when an alert is sent.
- Location alerts – Using your phone’s GPS, Shadow sends your location whenever you trigger an alert.
The Shadow is an essential basic emergency device that everyone should carry. There are no subscriptions or monthly fees. The Shadow’s pre-order price starts at $25. You’ll find more information on the Indiegogo campaign at the end of this article.
Servabo supports non-profit organizations that promote safety and security for the community and will be partnering with YWCA Evanston, the Ella Mae Foundation and RAINN as charity partners during the campaign.
The Shadow App will be compatible with Android 4.3+ iOS 5 and later versions of these operating systems and will be compatible with any Smartphone that is Bluetooth smart ready.
This sounds like something everyone should have on their person, and it is certainly a reasonable price for such convenience. Have a look at the website, and the Indiegogo campaign and let us know if its something you’d be interested in purchasing for your loved ones.